Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers with Lemon Thyme Pink Peppercorn Sauce
Skewers of coconut shrimp and pineapple coated in a seasoned lime juice and coconut milk marinade, and grilled until lightly charred.
Wooden Skewers, soaked
½ cup Macadamia Nuts, toasted, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons Cornstarch slurry
⅓ cup DOLE Pineapple Chunks
¼ cup Lime Juice
¾ cup Coconut Milk
1 tablespoon Pink Peppercorns, crushed
1 tablespoon Salt
5 sprigs Lemon Thyme
½ pound Shrimp
- In a medium mixing bowl combine lime juice, coconut milk, peppercorns, salt, and thyme, mixing thoroughly as to evenly coat the shrimp and pineapple in the marinate.
- Set in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Remove the shrimp marinade from the refrigerator and assemble the skewers with the shrimp and pineapple.
- Once the grill is pre-heated grill the shrimp and pineapple skewers for about 1 minute on each side.
- Once evenly cooked and charred on both sides, remove from heat and hold warm.
- In a skillet take marinate liquid add slurry as needed simmer and thicken to a glaze type consistency for the skewers, roughly 3-4 minutes.
- Place the skewers onto a serving plate or dish and serve with coconut marinade glaze and toasted macadamia nuts.