Tropical Banana Bruschetta
A tropical twist on a bruschetta recipe that is all fruit.
1 loaf baguette French bread cut 12-inch thick
¼ cup butter or margarine melted
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
-½ cups DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Mango Cubes partially thawed
1-½ cups DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Sliced Bananas partial thawed
1-½ cups DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Pineapple Cubes partially thawed
1 cup, finely chopped DOLE Chopped Dates
2 tablespoons lime juice
¾ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Arrange bread slices on two baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown on bottom; turn toasted side up and brush with butter. Turn oven setting from bake to broil.
- Stir together 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Reserve 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar mixture. Sprinkle remaining evenly over buttered toast. Broil slices about 6-inches from heat until tops are bubbling, about 20-30 seconds. Remove from broiler, cool slightly.
- Stir together mango, banana, pineapple, dates and lime juice in bowl with remaining one tablespoon sugar and reserved cinnamon sugar. Sprinkle each slice with nuts and if desired drizzle with honey. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mango mixture on each slice.
- Transfer to serving platter. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired. Serve any remaining fruit in a bowl.