Smokey BBQ Jackfruit Cheddar Tots with Mango Salsa
Delicious fried jackfruit tater tots covered in melted cheese. Paired with a vibrant mango salsa. Created by Chef Chris Naeff
1 lb DOLE Young Green Shredded Jackfruit, drained
1 pack tater tot mix (15-16oz.)
water, as needed
4 oz BBQ sauce
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
green onion, sliced for garnish
cilantro, for garnish
3 oz DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Mango Cubes
1 oz DOLE 100% Pineapple Juice
1 Tbsp jalapeno diced
1 Tbsp red bell pepper diced
1 Tbsp red onion diced
1 Tbsp cilantro
- Take 12 oz of jackfruit and dice.
- Add the jackfruit to the tater tot mix and stir in water as directed.
- Form tater tots with a scoop and roll into balls, then fry at 350 degrees until golden brown and cooked through.
- Warm the remaining jackfruit with BBQ sauce and spoon over plated tater tots. Cover with cheese and melt in the oven.
- Garnish with green onion or cilantro.
- Mix mango salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Serve on the side in a ramekin.