Strawberry and White Balsamic Shrub
A refreshing berry shrub.
1 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 cup sugar
1-½ cups DOLE Chef-Ready Frozen Strawberry Puree
- Add vinegar and sugar to a small sauce pot and simmer until all sugar has dissolved.
- Cool liquid and add to a sealable, unreactive bottle (glass preferably).
- Add strawberry purée and seal the bottle. Shake well to blend the two mixtures.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 days before usage.
- NOTE: Shrub will remain usable and flavor will only improve for up to 2 months in an airtight and refrigerated container.Serve Shrub over ice and top with either something sparkling, like a lemon lime soda, or simply fill the rest of the glass with water and a dash of vanilla extract. Utilize 1:2 shrub to filler ratio.