Egyptian Breakfast Hash
(2018 Pairings Recipe) A tasty hash featuring peaches and dukkah.
6 cups Yukon gold potato peeled 14 dice
1 gallon cold water
½ cup white wine vinegar
¼ cup kosher salt
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 cups chickpeas rinsed and drained
1 lb. shredded white meat turkey
1 cup DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Peaches
¼ cup dukkah spice blend
1 tablespoon dried thyme
2 cups Manchego cheese shredded
5 large eggs
¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Place diced Yukon gold potatoes in a medium-sized pot and cover with water, white wine vinegar, and kosher salt. Bring water to a boil and cook for 7 minutes until tender, strain and spread on a parchment-lined sheet pan under refrigeration to cool until needed.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat and add vegetable oil.
- Add prepared diced potatoes to the pan and sauté until all sides are brown and caramelized (approximately 5 minutes). Add chickpeas, shredded turkey, peaches, dukkah spice, and dried thyme.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in shredded Manchego cheese. Crack eggs on top of hash and place in oven for approximately 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165°F
- Serve 6 oz. individual portions and garnish each serving with a teaspoon of parsley.