Effective as of: January 1, 2021
Information Collected On Our Site/Services
How We Use The Personal Information We Collect
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
Your Privacy Rights, Choice, And Access.
Advertising/Behavioral Targeting; How To Opt-Out
Children Under 13
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON OUR SITE/SERVICES
“Personal Information” is information:
- that identifies or can be used to identify you or your household;
- that relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked (directly or indirectly) with you or your household;
- that relates to you and that might be sensitive (such as personal medical or health information, financial information).
What we collect. For at least the past 12 months, DPF (and the vendors we hired to perform business functions on our behalf) collected the following categories of Personal Information from and about you from you, your devices, your network activity on our Site and third parties:
- Contact Information. We may collect certain Personal Information from you, such as your name, telephone number, home address and e-mail address.
- Demographic Information. We may also collect from you demographic information, including age, gender, physical and life-style characteristics, hobbies, preferences, etc. While we do not require visitors to our Site to register or provide information in order to view our home page or most content on our Site, in certain circumstances, you may be asked to register and provide us with some specific information about yourself in order to use or access certain Site features, receive newsletters and other information from us in the future.
- Internet and Network Activity Information. When you visit our Site, we collect information about the browser you use or your IP address. We might also collect device identifiers. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may collect page interaction information (such as what areas of the Site you visit and for how long, what search terms you enter, and what products or content you view and click on), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Location Information. We automatically collect your GPS location when you access the mobile version of our Site. We also collect information about your general location, using your zip code and IP address.
- Visual and Brightness Information. If you access our advertising content on your mobile device and have given DPF consent to access your device’s camera, we may collect information about the ambient brightness of your surroundings when viewing our content.
- Employment-related Information. If you apply for a job with DPF, including through the Site, we may also collect from you your work authorization status, educational background, and job preference. Such information may include contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address).
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Personal Information we collect will be used as follows:
- We use Personal Information to provide you with access to certain features of the Site/Services (including certain promotions) and to tailor content, advertisements, and offers we serve you. For example, we might use Contact Information, Internet and Network Activity, Demographic Information, Location, and Inferences to provide you with information about special promotions or offers. We might also use that information to serve you ads about our products and offers. We might tell you about our own offers or products, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We might use Visual and Brightness Information when you view our advertisements on your mobile device to tailor specific elements of that content based on how bright or dark your surroundings are.
- We use Personal Information to improve the Site/Services. For example, we may use Contact Information, Demographic Information, Internet and Network Activity, Location, and Inferences to make our website, services, and products better. We might use your information to customize your experience with us.
- We use Personal Information to administer our site and services and for internal operations. We use all categories of Personal Information to administer our sites, such as troubleshooting, data analysis, and testing.We use Personal Information for security purposes. We use Personal Information to protect our Sites/Services, as well as to detect and investigate activities that may be illegal or prohibited.
- We use Personal information for hiring purposes. We use Contact Information and Employment-Related Information to review your job applications and contact you about employment opportunities.
- We may combine Personal Information that we have collected offline with Personal Information we collect online. Or we may combine Personal Information we get from another party with information we already have. We may also aggregate your Personal Information with the information of other users to understand preferences and trends over time.
- We use Personal Information as otherwise disclosed at the point where such information is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to the particular feature of our Site/Services disclosed, or as permitted by law, or as we may notify you.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Vendors and Partners. We may share your Personal Information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners) or who have joined us in providing promotions and activities, such as companies (including retailers) or individuals that deliver packages, fulfill orders, participate in our promotions, administer our promotions, provide diet, nutrition and fitness information, provide marketing or promotional assistance, analyze data or provide customer service, but such information will be shared only to the extent these third parties need such information to perform their functions.
Our Affiliates. We may also share your Personal Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates ("DPF Affiliates").
Other Third Parties. We may also share your Personal Information with other companies that are not affiliated with DPF and are not business partners of DPF, but would like to provide you with additional products and/or services that we think may be of interest to you. However, your Personal Information will not be provided to these unaffiliated third parties without prior approval from you either through an "opt-in" choice at the point of collection or a response to a notification from DPF seeking approval to share your Personal Information with an unaffiliated third party.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. It is a tool that stores information about website visits, recognizes you and your preferences each time you visit the Site, ensures the functionality of the Site and enables us to provide the Services. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the Site uses to track the pages you have visited, but the only Personal Information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself.
- You may encounter cookies from our third-party service providers, that we have allowed on our Site that assist us with various aspects of our Site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- If you link to a third-party website from the Site, you also may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the websites. For example, if you view a web page posted as a link from our Site, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.
We use various types of cookies, including session cookies, persistent cookies, local shared objects, pixels, GIFS and other tracking technologies, such as third-party tags, session and persistent technologies, first and third-party cookies. Cookies can be persistent by remaining on your computer until you delete them or be based on your browsing session where they delete once you close your browser. First party cookies are used and controlled by us to provide services on the Site.
Purposes of Cookies
- Performance cookies: these cookies are used to improve how our Site works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Site, for instance, which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Social media & Advertising cookies: our Site allows third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Site through social media. For example, you will see embedded “share” buttons on some pages of our Site. These enable you to easily share content through a number of popular social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter). When you click on one of these buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. These third-party cookies are not under our control, so we suggest that you check the respective privacy policies for these external services to help you to understand what data these organizations hold about you and what they do with it.Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Site and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
This Site uses Google Analytics to collect information about how users use the Site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case IP-anonymization is activated on this Site, your IP address will be partially used within the European Union or just in the European Economic Area if it is used by other parties. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States, and then shortened so it is only partially used there. The IP-anonymization is active on this Site.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this Site for the purpose of analyzing your use of the Site, compiling reports on Site activity for Site operators and providing them other services relating to Site activity and internet usage.
How to manage the cookies we use
At any time, you can adjust and modify your preferences by visiting the Cookies Setting page, which allow you to oppose to specific categories of cookies (“opt-out”).
You may also control and block the cookies used by the Site by modifying the settings in your browser or on your device that allows you to refuse the setting of all cookies. However, if you use your browser or device settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site. You can also opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics in the future by downloading and installing ‘Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on’ for your current web browser:
Most modern browsers allow you to manage cookies saved on your computer:
To amend the cookies settings:
- Click on the chrome menu.
- Select settings.
- Click + Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page
- Under the Privacy section click the Content settings button
- In the Cookies section you are able to change the settings, such as allow cookies, remove all cookies, block third party cookies.
Further, more detailed instructions are available here:
Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10
- Select the Tools menu (ALT-X)
- Select Internet Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Move the slider to choose your preferred settings.
- For more specialized settings click on the Advanced button, check the Override cookie handling checkbox and modify the settings to suit your requirements.
Further instructions are available here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- Select Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- To clear cookies, select the remove individual cookies link.
- To amend the cookie settings, change the Firefox will dropdown in the History section to Use custom settings for history.
Further instructions are available here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Choose Safari settings menu
- Select Preferences
- Click the Privacy tab.
- In the Block cookies section, specify whether the browser should accept or reject cookies from websites.
- If you want to see which websites store cookies on your computer, click Details.
If you set Safari to block cookies, you may need to temporarily accept cookies to open a page. Repeat the above steps, selecting Never in the (“Block cookies”) section. When you’re done with the page, block cookies again, and then remove the page’s cookies. Further instructions are available here: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
With new devices being created all the time, including tablets and phones it is not possible to list every browser for every device. The best advice is to consult the manufactures website for further instructions regarding cookies.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE, AND ACCESS.
You may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties (other than our vendors), not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, emails or other communications by: (i) sending us an email at Dole.Consumer.Center@doleintl.com ; (ii) contacting us by mail at P.O. Box 5700, Thousand Oaks, CA 91359-5700, Attention: Consumer Center; or iii) following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive.
If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or delete any of your Personal Information collected through the Site, you may contact us at the above address or email. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Site/Services. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your Personal Information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Our Site may contain links to other websites that are not controlled or maintained by DPF. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites. We encourage you to note when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of such other websites before submitting any Personal Information. In addition, our Site may link to websites owned or operated by subsidiaries or companies affiliated with DPF ("Affiliated Site"). Please note that the Affiliated Site are subject to the privacy policies posted on those sites.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have reasonable and appropriate electronic and physical security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Information under our control. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of the Site/Services will be completely safe. Any transmission of your Personal Information to our Site is at your own risk.
The Site is designed for and targeted to U.S. audiences and is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the U.S. While users from countries other than the U.S. may access the Site, we make no representation that the Site is operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other nations.
If you are located elsewhere outside of the European Union and the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Site, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that the Site is subject to the laws of the United States, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
If you have questions or comments about our privacy practices, or if you wish to review, amend or delete any Personal Information you have provided or if you wish to modify the permission you have given us regarding use of your Personal Information, you can contact us at:
Dole Packaged Foods, LLC
P.O. Box 5700 Thousand Oaks, CA 91359-5700
Attention: Consumer Center
Send Email: Dole.Consumer.Center@doleintl.com
APPENDIX – JURISDICTION SPECIFIC PROVISIONS
I. Supplemental provisions for California residents.
A. Shine The Light. You have the right to request and receive certain information about disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Because it is our policy not to share your Personal Information with third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes without your consent, we are exempt from the requirement to respond to such requests. If you have any questions related to our policy, please contact us using the information provided in the “Contact Information” section below.
- You have the right to request, up to two times every 12 months, that we disclose to you the following: (i) the categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which we have collected Personal Information about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Information; (iv) the categories of Personal Information that we have sold about you in the last 12 months and the categories of Third Parties to whom the Personal Information was sold, by category or categories of Personal Information for each Third Party to whom the Personal Information was sold; (v) the categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed about you for our business purposes in the last 12 months and the categories of Third Parties to whom the Personal Information was disclosed, by category or categories of Personal Information for each Third Party to whom the Personal Information was disclosed; and (vi) the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- You have the right to request a portable copy of your Personal Information. In response to verified requests pursuant to #1 or #2 above, we will disclose and deliver the required information to you free of charge within 45 days of receiving a verifiable consumer request. We may extend this time period to provide once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary. We will provide notice of the extension within the first 45-day period.
- You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected from you, subject to certain exceptions allowed under applicable law.
- You have the right to opt-out of the Sale of your Personal Information to Third Parties by https://dolesunshine.com/ccpa. If you would like to opt-out of cookie-based tracking for advertising purposes, you will need to separately adjust your browser settings and set your preferences as described in “How to manage the cookies we use” section above.
- We will not discriminate against you because you elect to exercise these rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to you.
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you.
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
None of the foregoing, however, prohibits us from charging you a different price or rate, or from providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your data.
C. Submission of Requests. You may exercise these rights by managing this information through completing the webform at https://dolesunshine.com/us/en/ccpa.html or by calling us at 1-800-232-8888.
D. Authorized Agents. If you are an authorized agent seeking to submit a CCPA request on behalf of a consumer, you may make your request through https://dolesunshine.com/us/en/ccpa.html or by mail to the address under the “Contact Us” section above and put Attention: CCPA Requests, Authorized Agents on the envelope. If you are an individual acting as an authorized agent, you must provide a notarized power of attorney authorizing you to act on behalf of the consumer whose rights you seek to exercise. If you work for an entity acting as an authorized agent, you must attach to your email proof that you are registered with the Attorney General, as required by law, and proof you have written authority to act for the consumer whose rights you seek to exercise. You must also provide the full name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number of the consumer you are representing so we can verify their identity, or provide documentation that you have power of attorney for the consumer pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000-4465. We will not be able to honor requests without sufficient documentation that you are authorized to represent the consumer.
E. Verification. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity (or the identity and authority of your authorized representative) prior to responding to your requests under CCPA. Upon receiving a request pursuant to #1 or #2 above, we will confirm receipt within 10 days and provide you with information about how we will verify and process the request. In order to verify your request, we will require you (or your authorized representative) to provide your first and last name, address and email address.