This classic slow roasted lamb shoulder is cooked in parchment paper with potatoes and aromatics and is usually served at special occasions. An addition of stone fruit like peaches adds a touch of sweetness and Dole freshness.
1 cup red wine
1 cup peach purée
1 cup chicken stock
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp lime zest
¼ cup cornstarch slurry
1 roll parchment paper
3 pounds leg of lamb, cubed into ½-inch pieces
2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
2 cups DOLE® IQF Peach Slices
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 yellow onion, rough cut
2 Tbsp oregano, dried
1 Tbsp rosemary, fine chopped
2 Tbsp salt
2 Tbsp black pepper
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lime juice
Prepare Roasted Lamb:
- Preheat oven to 300˚F.
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Place lamb, potatoes, peaches, onion, garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, oil, and lime juice in a bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Set the seasoned lamb and potatoes on a cookie sheet lined with a large sheet of parchment paper
- Fold the parchment paper into an envelope, and cook for 2 hours in oven.
To Make Sauce:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat reduce wine by half.
- Add purée, chicken stock, garlic, bay leaf, salt, pepper, lime zest, and cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add cornstarch slurry to pan and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add lamb mixture to saucepan and stir to combine. Portion into serving bowls.