Pineapple Chicken Fa-Fa Casse-Croute
A Polynesian sandwich on a French-style baguette stuffed with a blend of cubed chicken thighs, spinach, spices, and pineapple and served alongside taro chips.
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
3 tablespoons Garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Ginger, minced
2 ½ cups Onion, diced
1 pound Chicken Thighs, cubed
1 tablespoon Garam Masala
4 cups Spinach, roughly chopped or torn
⅔ cup Coconut Milk
1 cube Chicken Bouillon, crumbled
1 cup DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Pineapple, thawed, juice reserved
Corn Starch Slurry, as needed
Taro Chips, as needed
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat, add the garlic, ginger, and onions and cook until tender, stirring consistently.
- Add the cubed chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, or until lightly cooked on outside of all pieces of chicken, then add the garam masala and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and wilt, turn down heat to medium and allow to simmer for roughly 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the coconut milk, chicken bouillon, and pineapple, stir regularly as to not break the coconut milk and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Thicken the mixture with corn starch slurry until desired thickness is achieved. Hold warmed.
- Place baguettes on a sheet tray and toast in the oven for roughly 5 minutes, or until crispy on the outside and warmed on the inside.
- Slice the baguettes length wise, making sure not to cut all the way through. Cut into individual portions.
- Assemble the sandwiches by scooping the cooked chicken mixture into the baguette and topping with taro chips or serve them alongside.