Avocado Smash Toast
Known by Australians as “Smash Avo Toast”, sourdough bread is topped with mashed avocado, seasonings, watermelon radish, and mango cubes.
10 ea sliced sourdough bread, lightly toasted
5 cups DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Avocado, thawed, roughly mashed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp coarse kosher salt
1 cup DOLE Chef Ready Cuts Mango Cubes, thawed
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
½ tsp chili oil
2 cups Watermelon Radish, thinly sliced (roughly 50 thin slices)
½ cup rice wine vinegar
1 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
2 cups Ricotta
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 ½ tablespoons Aleppo pepper
1 cup micro bulls blood
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the avocado, olive oil and salt. Spread 1/2 cup of mixture onto each slice of toast.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mango, paprika, chili oil and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- While the mango is marinating, bring the rice wine vinegar and pineapple juice up to a boil in a small pot and add the radish to the pot and take off the heat. Allow the radish to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a stand mixer combine the ricotta and lemon zest and whip it till it is smooth and aerated. Place in a piping bag and pipe small buttons of mixture onto the toast. Roughly 4-5 dollops of 1/2 tbsp each.
- Place 5 slices of pickled radish on the toast and arrange 2 Tbsp of mango cubes around the toast.
- Sprinkle 1/4 Tbsp of Aleppo pepper over the top of each slice of toast and garnish with bulls blood.
- Enjoy chilled or immediately.