An Australian staple for afternoon teas, this cake is layered with blackberry jam and covered in crunchy coconut.
1 8x11-inch rectangle Butter Cake/White Cake, premade
2 ½ cups Confectioners’ Sugar
6 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 tablespoon Butter, softened
½ cup Water, boiling
2 ½ cups Desiccated Coconut
1 cup DOLE IQF Blackberries, thawed, juice included
½ cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a small pot over medium heat combine blackberries, sugar, and vanilla extract, and cook down until it reduces, about 20 minutes.
- Pour into a blender while hot and blend until smooth. Allow to cool before using.
- Cut premade cake into 2 equal layers. Fill the bottom layer of cake with a thin layer of the blackberry jam. Top with the second layer and then freeze for roughly 3 minutes.
- While cake is chilling, sift the confectioners’ sugar and cocoa powder into a medium sized bowl. Whisk in the butter and boiling water and combine until smooth.
- After chilling the cake, cut it into 1-inch cubes.
- Set up a dipping station for the cake cubes with the bowl of the icing and a separate bowl with the coconut in it. Drop the cake into the icing ensuring it is fully enrobed, allow the excess icing to drip off and then coat it in the coconut.