Sweet and Sour Lamb Ribs
A savory rack of lamb, paired with an aromatic, flavorful marinade and finished with a sweet and sour glaze. Created by Chef Tamar Poyser Instagram: @tamarpoyser
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Shaoxing wine
1/4 cup DOLE Sweet and Sour Mix
1/4 cup beef stock
1 tsp sesame oil
1 to 2 fresh red chilis, sliced
4 cloves garlic, smashed
3 slices fresh ginger
2 scallions, chopped
3 Pounds Lamb Ribs
2 cups Dole Sweet and Sour Sauce (see recipe)
- Whisk together all ingredients (except lamb and Sweet and Sour Sauce) and set aside.
- Cut the ribs in riblets or keep it racked. Place the ribs in a Ziplock bag or deep pan. Pour marinate over lamb and let it sit for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ribs in a roasting pan and pour in the marinade. Make sure to include the scallions, ginger, garlic and chilis.
- Cover with foil and roast until just about tender enough 40 minutes or so.
- When the ribs are tender remove the foil and pour 1 1/2 cups Sweet and Sour Sauce over the ribs, then return to the oven.
- Bake ribs for another 30 minutes or more until sticky and caramelized, basting with more Sweet and Sour Sauce a couple times in between.