Pepper Shrimp Salad
(2021 Pairings - Jamaica - Americas) From North Coast - Spicy shrimp sautéed with scotch bonnet pepper seasoning, scallions and garlic are tossed with spinach, mango, avocado, and toasted almonds all dressed in a pineapple-coconut allspice dressing.
1 cup olive oil
6 oz DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
6 oz. coconut milk
2 teaspoons ground allspice
2 Tablespoons salt divided
1 Tablespoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
3 pounds uncooked shrimp peeled deveined tails removed
3 Tablespoons Scotch Bonnet pepper seasoning
1/2 cup scallions sliced thin
2 Tablespoons garlic minced
5 cups baby spinach lightly packed
2 cups frozen DOLE Diced Avocado thawed
3 cups frozen DOLE Mango Chunks thawed
1 cup toasted almond slivers
For the Dressing
1. Pour Olive oil into small bowl. Whisk in the Pineapple and Coconut Milk until combined.
2. Add allspice, 1 Tablespoon salt and pepper and whisk an additional minute.
For the Shrimp:
1. Heat Vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Season shrimp with Scotch bonnet seasoning and 1 Tablespoon salt.
3. Cook Shrimp for 2 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Remove from pan and place in fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
1. In a large mixing bowl combine scallions, garlic, spinach avocado, mango, almonds and shrimp.
2. Coat with ½ of the dressing and stir gently. Add more dressing if desired. Serve in individual bowls or family style.