(2021 Pairings - India - Asia) From Bihar - A traditional Bihari breakfast of flattened rice soaked in milk, then mixed with yogurt, jaggery, mango cubes, ground cardamom and chopped nuts.
½ cup thick poha
⅔ cup Indian Dahi yogurt
2 Tablespoons jaggery well chopped
¼ cup DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Mango Cubes thawed
¼ teaspoon orange blossom water
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
2 teaspoons Chopped pistachio nuts
- Place the poha into a fine mesh sieve and rinse with warm water shaking and agitating the poha to ensure all grains are hydrated. Rinse the poha until it is just tender, but not mushy.
- Quickly rinse with cold water and shake to remove any excess moisture.
- Place the yogurt and jaggery into a bowl and whisk until the jaggery is completely incorporated.
- Gently fold the poha into the yogurt until evenly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, place the mango and orange blossom water and mix to incorporate.
- To serve: Place the mangos on top of the poha mixture and sprinkle with cardamom and chopped pistachios.