(2021 Pairings - Regional Mexico - Americas) From Oaxaca - A Mexican flatbread consisting of a flour tortilla spread with black bean purée, mango braised chicken, pickled mango, Oaxacan cheese, roasted serrano peppers, and red onions baked until bubbly and crisp and topped with fresh herbs, queso fresco, and corn salsa.
5-1/2 cups DOLE Chef-Ready Mango Frozen Puree thawed divided
20 teaspoons salt divided
20 teaspoons pepper divided
10 teaspoons paprika
15 teaspoons ground cumin divided
60 oz. cubed rotisserie chicken
10 each fresh corn on the cob husk and silk removed
5 cups medium tomatoes diced
10 each jalapeno peppers seeded and diced
10 Tablespoons scallions small dice
10 Tablespoons + 1 cup apple cider vinegar divided
10 Tablespoons + more to garnish chopped fresh cilantro divided
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
12 each whole black peppercorn
12 each coriander seeds
12 each fennel seed
1 each red onion diced
10 each cardamom seeds
3 cups DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Mango Cubes thawed
30 oz. canned black beans
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon sazon seasoning
1 cup chicken stock
10 each whole grain flatbread
5 cups Oaxaca cheese
20 each roasted serrano pepper sliced
10 Tablespoons red onion sliced thin
5 cups cotija cheese
1. Combine 5 cups Mango Puree, 10 tsp salt, 10 tsp pepper, paprika and 10 tsp cumin and brush over fully-cooked rotisserie chicken.
2. Heat chicken in oven for 5 minutes or until Mango Glaze is warm thru.
Corn Salsa Directions:
1. Remove corn from cob, cut tomatoes into dices and finely dice jalapeno. Add 5 tsp cumin, 10 tsp salt, 10 tsp pepper, 10 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 10 Tablespoons cilantro to bowl with corn, tomatoes and jalapeno.
2. Combine thoroughly and set aside for service.
Pickled Mango directions:
1. In a small pot over medium heat combine 1 cup apple cider vinegar and sugar and heat until dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and add water, peppercorns, coriander, fennel, 1 diced red onion and cardamom.
3. Add mango cubes and let sit in fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
Black Bean Puree Directions:
1. In a blender mix black beans, ½ cup mango puree, garlic, onion powder, sazon, and chicken stock.
2. Mix on medium for 2 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place 1 flatbread on pizza sheet, spread ½ cup Black bean puree evenly.
2. Add 6 oz. Chicken diced rough and ½ cup Oaxaca cheese.
3. Top with pickled mango, 1 Tablespoon sliced red onion and 2 roasted serrano peppers, sliced.
4. Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and top with corn salsa, cotija cheese and cilantro to garnish.