Strawberry and Dark Chocolate Stuffed Pancake
Strawberry & Dark Chocolate Martabak - A thick Indonesian pancake stuffed with sweet strawberry sauce and shaved dark chocolate. Folded over in a half-moon shape then brushed with butter and drizzled with strawberry sauce.
15 cups whole milk warm 110 F
3-1/2 Tablespoons active dry yeast
20 cups all-purpose flour
6-1/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
5 Tablespoons baking powder
2 Tablespoons kosher salt
1-1/4 cups butter softened divided
10 cups Strawberry Sauce recipe below
2 cups shaved dark chocolate
5 cups DOLE Chef-Ready Strawberry Frozen Puree thawed
15 cups DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Strawberries thawed divided
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
Strawberry Sauce Recipe:
1. In a small saucepan combine Strawberry Purée, 5 Cups of Diced Strawberries, and lemon juice.
2. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes or until mixture has reduced by a quarter and begins to thicken.
3. Remove from heat. Fold in the remaining diced strawberries and set aside.
Strawberry & Dark Chocolate Stuffed Pancake Directions:
1. In a large saucepan, gently warm milk over medium heat until it reaches 110°F.
2. Turn off the heat, add yeast, then set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt. Add eggs and warm milk to dry ingredients, whisking to combine. Do not over mix.
4. Heat a 12" nonstick pan over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
5. Add 2 ¼ cups of batter to the pan, swirling it around all sides of pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottom begins to brown. Reduce heat to low and cover.
6. Cook the pancake for another 5-7 minutes or until the top is completely dry.
7. Spread another ½ tablespoon of butter onto the pancake then drizzle ½ cup of strawberry sauce and top with 4 teaspoons of shaved chocolate.
1. Fold pancake in half, brush with remaining 1/2 Tablespoon of butter, then cut in half lengthwise. Cut into squares and serve with the remaining 1/2 cup of strawberry sauce.