Indonesian Rice Bowl
Mango Nasi Goreng - Fluffy white rice, wok-fried with sweet kecap manis, mango, garlic and red chili peppers. Finished with green onion and fried shallots all served with a side of sliced cucumber, tomato wedges and lime.
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 Tablespoons garlic minced
3 teaspoons Thai red chili peppers fresh sliced
3/4 cup shallots minced
9 cups cooked white rice cooled
1/2 cup Kecap Manis prepared sweet soy sauce
2-1/4 cups DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Mango Cubes partially thawed
10 egg fried
1/2 cup scallions sliced thin
1/2 cup Fried Shallots prepared
20 tomato half inch wedge
30 cucumber slices
10 lime wedges
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add garlic, Thai red chili peppers and fresh shallots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cold rice to the wok, using a wooden spoon to break up any clumps while mixing with the vegetables. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the kecap manis and stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes until the rice begins to take on a dark brown color and caramelizes.
- After rice has caramelized, remove from heat and fold in thawed DOLE® Chef-Ready Cuts Mango Cubes.
1. Place 1 cup of fried rice into a bowl, then top with a 1 fried egg.
2. Garnish with 3 tablespoons of scallions and 3 tablespoons of prepared fried shallots.
3. Serve with 2 tomato wedges, 3 cucumber slices and 1 lime wedge on the side.