Mango Mint Shrub
A refreshing mango shrub.
1 cup white wine vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Mango Cubes
1-½ cups mango puree
1 fresh mint sprig for garnish
- Add vinegar and sugar to a small sauce pot and simmer until all sugar has dissolved.
- Cool liquid and add to a sealable, unreactive bottle (glass preferably).
- Add mango purée and seal the bottle. Shake well to blend the two mixtures.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 days before usage.
- Shrub will remain usable and flavor will only improve for up to 2 months in an airtight and refrigerated container.
- Serve Shrub over ice and top with either something sparkling, like a lemon lime soda, or simply fill the rest of the glass with water. Utilize 1:2 shrub to filler ratio.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a tablespoon of mango cubes for pops of sweet, ripe mango and an optional slice of lime.