Mango and Lime Creme Brulee Bowl
(2017 Pairings) A tropical version of creme brulee.
2-½ cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons lime zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 egg yolks
⅓ cup plus 4 teaspoons sugar divided
⅓ cup DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Mango Cubes, pureed
½ teaspoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat the heavy cream and lime zest in a small sauce pot to a light simmer. Strain the cream and discard lime zest. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Whisk egg yolks together with 1/3 cup sugar and mango puree in a separate bowl. When thoroughly mixed, begin to slowly whisk in the heavy cream.
- Pour mixture into ramekins leaving 1/4-inch gap below the rim of ramekin. Remove any bubbles from the surface of the custard mixture with a spoon.
- Arrange ramekins in a deep baking pan and pour hot water around them to reach half way up the ramekins. Bake for 40-45 mins.
- Cool on a rack for 15 mins and then chill to set for at least 60 minutes.
- Combine remaining 4 teaspoons sugar and lime juice in a small bowl and mix to create a wet sand consistency. Spoon 1 teaspoon sugar mixture on top of each ramekin and spread evenly over custard.
- Caramelize sugar with a brulee torch until golden brown. Allow sugar to cool and set for 2-3 minutes prior to serving.