Breakfast Potato Skins Bowls with Peach Sour Cream
(2017 Pairings) Twist on the classic potato skins where fruit is added to the potato skin and served with a peach sour cream sauce.
4 large russet potatoes baked
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
8 slices bacon uncooked
¼ cup brown sugar packed
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 cup DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Peaches
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup DOLE Chef-Ready Peaches Diced, pureed
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Bake potatoes until tender. Cut baked potatoes in half length-wise and scoop out flesh leaving 1/4-inch shell/skin.
- Mix together oil, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic, paprika and black pepper in small bowl. Brush inside of potato skin with oil mixture.
- Bake potato skins on baking sheet, 8 minutes on each side. Place bacon on second baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes turn and continue baking for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together sugar, vinegar and maple syrup in small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove potato halves from oven, crack an egg into each half. Continue baking until soft boil. Remove bacon and brush both sides with brown sugar mixture, continue baking 5 minutes. Repeat with brushing bacon with brown sugar mixture every 5 minutes until browned and crisp.
- Top potatoes with crumbled candied bacon pieces, diced peaches and Cheddar cheese. Place back in oven and heat until cheese is melted.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream and peach puree, and set aside.
- Top each potato half with dollop of sour cream and peach puree mixture.