Peachy White Bean and Blueberry Salsa Nacho Bowl
(2017 Pairings) A colorful and zesty nacho bowl.
1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
1 shallot minced
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons brown sugar
½ cup DOLE Chef-Ready Frozen Peach Puree
½ lb. ground turkey
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1-½ tablespoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons curry powder
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
1 cup frozen DOLE Blueberries partially thawed
½ small red onion diced
⅓ cup fresh cilantro chopped
1 jalapeno pepper minced
½ green bell pepper finely diced
½ cup tomato-based salsa
salt and pepper to taste
3 cups salad greens
1 cup blue corn chips or corn tortilla chips
1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
½ cup queso fresco crumbled
- Mash beans in a medium bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sautee until translucent.
- Add red pepper flakes, cayenne, and brown sugar. Cook for 30 seconds to slightly melt the sugar.
- Add the beans and peach puree. Mix well to incorporate, cook for 2 minutes to allow the beans to brown slightly. Season with salt to taste. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to medium skillet over a medium high heat. Add turkey and brown the meat. Add pepper, 2 tablespoons salt, smoked paprika, chili powder, and curry powder to meat. Stir well to coat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and sririacha and cook for another 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine blueberries, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, bell pepper, and salsa in a bowl. Mix well to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad greens, tortilla chips, refried beans, turkey, salsa, tomatoes, and cheese between two bowls.