Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes
Apple cinnamon cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
12.25 to 18.25 oz yellow cake mix
2 Tbsp grated lemon peel
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
2 cups DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Apples
1 cup confectioners sugar sifted
½ cup cream cheese softened
¼ cup butter softened
1 Tbsp lemon juice
as needed ground nutmeg
as needed DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Apples
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; add lemon peel and cinnamon in mixer bowl. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape bowl and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Place cupcake papers in muffin tin.
- Portion batter into tin using a #40 scoop. Top with diced apples to cover batter.
- Portion on a second layer of batter.
- Bake at 350ºF., 18 to 20 minutes, or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Combine sugar, cream cheese, butter and lemon juice in mixer; beat until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Top each cupcake with a dash of nutmeg and additional diced apples.