Apple Fruit Empanadas
These apple fruit empanadas are a great dessert or snack on the go.
8 oz. (1 cup) DOLE Pineapple Juice
3 oz. packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1/8 cup corn starch
24 oz. DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Apples
1 (12-inch) fresh pizza dough
As needed, Cinnamon Sugar
2 eggs beaten
- Place first 5 ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over low heat until slightly thickened.
- Stir in diced apples and let cool.
- Cut pizza dough into 4-inch circles. Place 3 oz apple mixture into the middle and brush the rim of the dough with eggwash.
- Fold dough over the mixture to form a half moon
- Bake at 450°F for 8 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar