Pineapple Pizza Fiamma
This pizza has a sweet and savory flavor with assorted herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, cheese and pineapple.
1 cup DOLE Pineapple Tidbits drained
1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
½ teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups yellow onion thinly sliced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
¼ cup olive oil
to taste salt
1 (12-inch) pizza crustpartially cooked
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes drained julienne
½ cup grated Romano cheese
½ cup grated Asiago cheese
1-½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon fresh basil thinly sliced
- Combine pineapple and brown sugar, in pie pan and roast for 10 minutes at 400°F. Reserve.
- Combine mayonnaise, basil and garlic; reserve.
- Combine sliced onions, rosemary and thyme; toss with olive oil, season with a little salt, if desired and roast on cookie sheet for 10 minutes or until slightly browned. The three steps listed above may be done in advance.
- Spread crust with the basil mayonnaise, top with dried tomatoes, grated cheeses, roasted onions, pineapple and dried pepper flakes.
- Bake at 450°F for 3 to 4 minutes on a pizza screen, and 2 minutes on a pizza stone to crisp the bottom.
- Garnish with basil julienne and serve.