This recipe was developed by Chef Gia Stanley.
“These waffles are not only deliciously nostalgic, but also incredibly easy to make. Featuring DOLE Chef-Ready Frozen Peach Purée and DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Peaches, this recipe can be scaled up to meet demand and the batter can be made up to 24 hours in advance.”
For more culinary inspiration from Chef Stanley follow @sustainablygia on Instagram
|1 heaping cup||DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Peaches thawed|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar|
|1 Tablespoon||baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon||baking soda|
|1 teaspoon||ground ginger|
|1 Tablespoon||ground cinnamon|
|1 cup||DOLE Chef-Ready Peach Frozen Puree thawed|
|1-1/2 cups||whipped cream optional|
Peach Syrup Directions:
1. Combine diced peaches, granulated sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Then down to a simmer.
2. Allow to simmer 6-8 minutes, until the liquid becomes more viscous.
3. Cool and serve.
1. Melt the butter and allow it to cool.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground ginger and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl, set aside.
3. Separately, combine the peach puree, eggs, milk and honey in a large bowl, then incorporate the cooled butter last.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, sift them in for ideal texture. Be sure not to over mix.
5. Prepare your waffle iron and pour the batter in. Refer to the heating instructions on your equipment for when they are done.
1. Place a waffle on a plate and serve with peach syrup and a dollop of whipped cream if desired.