(2021 Pairings - Japan - Asia) From Hiroshima - A Japanese style savory pancake made with shredded cabbage, bean sprouts yakisoba noodles, sliced firm tofu and a fried egg topped with a sweet and savory okonomiyaki sauce made from peach juice. Finished with a drizzle of Kewpie mayo, green onions, aonori dried seaweed and griddled peach slices.
|1/3 cup||Frozen DOLE Sliced Peaches thawed reserve juice|
|3-1/2 Tablespoons||Japanese Worcestershire|
|1-1/2 Tablespoons||juice drained from thawed Sliced peaches|
|2 Tablespoons||oyster sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon||mirin sweet rice wine|
|50 grams||all-purpose flour|
|as needed||cooking spray|
|1/3 cup||thinly shredded cabbage|
|2 Tablespoons||green onions sliced thin|
|1 Tablespoon||bonito flakes|
|1/3 cup||bean sprouts|
|3 each 1/4 inch slices||firm tofu|
|3/4 cup||yakisoba noodles|
|1/4 cup + more for garnish||okonomiyaki sauce sub-recipe|
Grilled Peaches Directions:
1. Grill thawed peaches, reserving juice. Set aside.
Okonomiyaki Sauce Directions:
1. Combine peach juice, Japanese Worcestershire, ketchup and oyster sauce in a bowl. Taste and adjust to preference. Set aside.
1. In a large bowl combine water and mirin, add the flour and whisk until combined. Chill the batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, lightly coat with cooking spray and pour ½ of the batter with a ladle, stirring the batter out in a circular motion to create a thin round crepe.
3. Top the cooking crepe with cabbage, green onion, bonito flakes and bean sprouts. Layer tofu slices over the top and pour 1 tablespoon of batter over the slices. Use 2 spatulas to quickly flip the okonomiyaki over to sear the tofu and seal the batter on bottom.
4. In a separate pan stir fry the grilled peaches with the yakisoba noodles and ¼ cup of the okonomiyaki sauce. Make the noodles into a round flat shape around the same size as the okonomiyaki and transfer the okonomiyaki tofu side down on top of the noodles.
5. Heat a thin layer of cooking spray in the initial pan and crack the egg into it over medium heat. Spread the egg into the size of the okonomiyaki and fry lightly. Before the egg is fully cooked, move the okonomiyaki over top of it noodle side down. When the egg is fully cooked flip the okonomiyaki onto a serving dish.
6. Garnish with mayonnaise, extra okonomiyaki sauce, aonori, and pickled ginger.