(2021 Pairings - South Korea- Asia) From Seoul - Sliced strawberries cooked down with sugar and vanilla until jammy and swirled into a tall glass filled with ice, whole milk and diced strawberries. Garnished with fresh whipped cream and crushed dehydrated strawberries.
|3-2/3 cups||DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Strawberries thawed divided|
|2 teaspoons||vanilla extract|
|2 Tablespoons||fresh lemon juice|
|1 quart||DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Sliced Strawberries thawed drained|
|2-1/2 cups||strawberry vanilla jam sub-recipe|
|2-1/2 quarts||whole milk|
|10 Tablespoons||whipped cream|
|10 teaspoons||dehydrated strawberries sub-recipe|
To Prepare Strawberry Vanilla Jam:
1. Place 3 cups thawed diced strawberries and slack into a sauce pot over a medium heat.
2. As the berries begin to heat and release more juice, add the sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir well to dissolve the sugar and begin the maceration process.
3. Allow the mixture to cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and store and allow to cool in a jar or glass prep bowl until service.
To Dehydrated Strawberries:
1. In a dehydrator, set at 135°F, place your sliced strawberries on mesh trays roughly 1/4 inch apart from one another.
2. Allow the strawberries to dehydrate for 12 hours.
3. Once they are finished, place in a zip lock bag and crush them roughly to create bits and pieces.
1. In a tall collins glass, place ¼ cup of strawberry jam at the bottom. Top with ½ cup of ice, 1 cup of milk, 1 Tbsp of diced strawberries, 1 Tbsp of whipped cream and dust with 1 tsp of crushed dehydrated strawberries.