(2021 Pairings - Balkan Peninsula - Europe) From Bulgaria - Rakia Balkan fruit brandy, sweet muddled mango, pineapple juice, aromatic orange bitters, garnished with maraschino cherry.
|1/2 oz.||simple syrup|
|1/2 oz.||fresh lime juice|
|1/4 cup||DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Mango Cubes thawed|
|2 ounces||Rakia Brandy or Slivovitz|
|2 oz.||DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice|
|as needed||crushed ice|
|6 dashes||orange bitters|
|garnish optional||maraschino cherries|
Simple Syrup Method:
1. Combine the water and sugar in a small sauce pot and simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Set aside to cool.
1. Add simple syrup, lime juice, and mango cubes to a Collins glass. Muddle the ingredients for 10 seconds, letting the mango release its juice.
2. To the same glass add the brandy, pineapple juice, and fill with crushed ice.
3. Swizzle the mixture with a bar spoon for 15 seconds to combine.
4. Top with more crushed ice if needed.
5. Add orange bitters and garnish with a maraschino cherry.