(Europe 2020 Pairings) (Remojón Granadino) An elegant dish bursting with fresh citrus flavor. This salad features mandarin oranges, salted cod, fennel and hard-boiled eggs.
|5 cups||salt cod|
|1 gallon||whole milk|
|5 cups||DOLE Mandarin Oranges drained|
|2-1/2 cups||oil-cured olives pitted halved|
|10 each||hard-boiled egg quartered|
|2-1/2 cups||fennel bulb julienne slices|
|3 Tablespoons||fennel fronds|
|2 Tablespoons||fresh parsley chopped|
|5 Tablespoons||red onion minced|
To Prepare Spanish Citrus Seafood Salad:
1. Soak salt cod in ½ gallon of whole milk for 24 hours prior to consumption, replacing milk at least once during this period.
2. Once cod is fully hydrated, drain of all soaking liquid and let stand at room temperature to surface dry.
3. Sear cod over medium high heat until charred on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side. Flake apart while still warm.
1. Plate mandarin oranges, olives, eggs and fennel bulbs across the bottom of 10 plates.
2. Top with flaked cod, fennel fronds, parsley and diced red onion.