(Africa 2020 Pairings) - (Pineapple Zobo) - An aromatic tea infused with cinnamon, ginger, hibiscus and pineapple.
|1-1/4 cups||dried hibiscus flowers|
|10 cups||boiling water|
|2-1/4 teaspoons||whole cloves|
|2 each||cinnamon sticks|
|1/4 cup||fresh ginger peeled and sliced|
|2-3/4 cups||DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar|
|10 slices||DOLE Pineapple Slices in juice drained|
|as needed||ice cubes|
|10 cups||zobo sub-recipe|
|10||dried pineapple ring sub-recipe|
To Prepare Zobo:
1. Add hibiscus flowers to boiling water along with cloves, cinnamon and ginger. Steep for 10-12 minutes.
2. Pour tea through a fine mesh strainer and discard solids.
3. Cool to room temperature.
4. Once cooled add pineapple juice and granulated sugar; stir to combine.
5. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Dried Pineapple Ring:
1. Preheat oven to 175ºF.
2. Lay pineapple slices on a sheet tray lined with a cooling rack.
3. Place sheet tray into oven and slowly dehydrate for 3-4 hours or until pineapple rings are dry but slightly flexible.
4. Store covered in a cool, dry place.
1. To make one serving, fill a 12 oz. glass completely with ice.
2. Pour 1 cup of prepared Zobo directly over ice and top with dried pineapple ring.