(Africa 2020 Pairings) (Mofo Gasy) A mango-infused breakfast cake topped with a fruity mango coconut honey and finished with toasted coconut.
|2 cups||dry pancake mix|
|3 cups||coconut milk divided|
|4 Tablespoons||granulated sugar|
|2 each||whole egg|
|8 Teaspoons||vanilla extract divided|
|2 cups||DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Mango Cubes thawed|
|2 cups||DOLE Chef-Ready Mango Frozen Puree thawed|
|60 each||Mofo Gasy sub-recipe|
|2-1/2 cups||Mango coconut honey sub-recipe|
|as needed||powdered sugar for garnish|
|10 Tablespoons||toasted shredded coconut|
To Prepare Mofo Gasy:
1. Add dry pancake mix, water, 1-1/2 cups coconut milk, granulated sugar, eggs, 2 Tbsp vanilla extract and mango cubes into a bowl and whisk until well combined.
2. Using an aebleskiver pan over medium heat, spray liberally with non-stick spray.
3. Pour 1 tablespoon of batter in each mold.
4. Once edges begin to brown, using a skewer, poke the center of the mofo gasy and flip.
5. Continue to cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the center is completely cooked.
To Prepare Mango Coconut Honey:
1. Place mango puree, 1-1/2 cups coconut milk, honey and 2 tsp vanilla extract into a medium sauce pot over medium heat and cook until warm and bubbling.
2. Allow to cool and store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
1. Place 6 mofo gasy in a shingled stack and place 1/4 cup mango coconut honey sauce in a ramekin.
2. Top with powdered sugar and 1 Tablespoon toasted shredded coconut.