2020 Passport to Flavor recipe - Americas
A warm and flaky crust with a decadent and creamy filling, topped with juicy, grilled peach slices.
|as needed||Nonstick olive oil spray|
|1||room temperature refrigerated pre-rolled pie crust|
|2 cups||granulated sugar|
|2 Tablespoons||yellow cornmeal|
|1 Tablespoon||all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup||unsalted butter melted|
|1 Tablespoon||white vinegar|
|2 teaspoons||vanilla extract|
|1/4 teaspoon||kosher salt|
|4 large||eggs beaten|
|as needed||powdered sugar|
|2 pounds||frozen DOLE Sliced Peaches|
To Prepare Chess Pie with Grilled Peaches:
1. Grease a 9" pie pan with non-stick spray.
2. Gently press pie dough onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Trim excess, and crimp edges decoratively. Line with foil and add pie weights.
3. Blind bake crust at 350°F for 4-5 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until golden brown, 2-3 minutes longer. Let cool completely.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together granulated sugar, cornmeal, flour, buttermilk, melted butter, white vinegar, vanilla extract and kosher salt until blended. Add eggs and mix well.
5. Pour filling into the cooled crust and bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes, shielding edges with aluminum foil after 10 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Transfer to a wire rack and cool. Garnish with powdered sugar.
1. Spray grill with non-stick cooking spray. Grill sliced peaches from frozen until well charred grill marks appear on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Decorate pie with grilled peaches and serve.
3. Cut into 10 slices.