Dragon Fruit Pink Suede Pancakes
Beautiful pink and velvety pancakes that are sure to please.
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup + additional for garnish DOLE Smoothie Cuts IQF Dragon Fruit thawed
1 teaspoon sumac
1-1/2 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 Tablespoon turbinado sugar
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
as needed cooking spray
- Whisk the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- In the vessel of a food processor blend the sumac and dragon fruit until smooth. Add the buttermilk and blend until smooth. Leaving the food processor running add the eggs, vanilla, sugar and melted butter. Let blend until completely smooth.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients folding together gently until the mixture just comes together, more buttermilk can be added if the batter is too thick.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Once the pan or griddle is pre-heated, spray a thin layer of cooking spray onto the surface and pour in about 1/3 cup of the pancake batter. Cook until the pancake begins to bubble and is lightly browned. Flip and finish cooking on the other side.
- Place onto a plate and top with dragon fruit, butter and maple syrup. Serve warm. Remaining batter can hold for 1 day.