Pineapple and Peach Vermicelli Salad
Pineapple & Peach Bún Chay Salads - A fresh vermicelli salad topped with grilled peach slices, marinated pineapple, rainbow carrot slices, shredded purple cabbage, sliced green onion, fresh mint, Thai basil and toasted cashews. Served with side of nuoc cham and strawberry Sriracha.
5 cups Vermicelli Rice Noodles cooked chilled
3 cups rainbow carrots ribbon slices
3 cups purple cabbage shredded
3/4 cup green onions sliced on bias
2 cups mint leaves
1-1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
3/4 cup toasted cashews
3/4 cup Strawberry Sriracha recipe below
1-1/4 cups Nuoc Cham recipe below
3-1/2 cups marinated pineapple recipe below
3-1/2 cups frozen DOLE Sliced Peaches
1/2 cup vinegar
5 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon granulated sugar divided
1-1/4 teaspoons kosher salt divided
1 teaspoon fish sauce divided
1-1/2 teaspoon Thai Bird chili peppers minced divided
2 cups frozen DOLE Pineapple Chunks
6 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons water
1-1/2 cups DOLE Chef-Ready Strawberry Frozen Puree thawed
4 Tablespoons sriracha
Strawberry Sriracha Directions:
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine Strawberry Purée, Sriracha, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 4 teaspoons granulated sugar.
Nuoc Cham Directions:
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon Thai chilis, water and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
Marinated Pineapple Directions:
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine vinegar, 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce and 1 teaspoon Thai chilis.
2. Add Frozen Pineapple Chunks to vinegar mixture, cover, and marinate for at least an hour.
1. Place 1/2 cup of Vermicelli noodles in a bowl, then artfully arrange 1/3 cup rainbow carrots, 1/3 cup purple cabbage, 1-1/2 teaspoons green onions, 3 Tablespoons mint, 1 tablespoon basil, and 1-1/2 teaspoons of cashews around the noodles.
2. Grill Peach slices from frozen.
3. Top with 1/4 cup prepared marinated pineapple and 1/3 cup grilled peach slices.
4. Serve with 2 Tablespoons strawberry Sriracha and 1 tablespoon nuoc cham on the side.