Mango Yam Som-O
Mango and pomelo salad with grilled shrimp tossed in a spicy garlic lime fish sauce then topped with toasted peanuts, fried garlic and cilantro.
Allergens: Shellfish (Shrimp, Fish Sauce) Nuts (Peanuts)
MANGO YAM SOM-O INGREDIENTS:
|5 cups||DOLE® Chef-Ready Cuts Mango Cubes, thawed|
|5 cups||Shrimp, 26/30 size, grilled, chilled|
|10 cups||Pomelo, torn chunks|
|2½ cups||Black Sauce (Yam Dam), sub-recipe|
|20 Tablespoons||Peanuts, toasted, coarsely ground|
|10 Tablespoons||Fried garlic|
|10 teaspoons||Green onion, diced|
BLACK SAUCE (YAM DAM) INGREDIENTS:
|1¼ cups||Palm sugar|
|1¼ cups||Tamarind juice|
|1¼ cups||Fish sauce|
|3 Tablespoons||Roasted chili paste|
|½ cup||Lime juice|
BLACK SAUCE (YAM DAM) DIRECTIONS:
- In medium size bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Cover and reserve refrigerated until ready to use
MANGO YAM SOM-O DIRECTIONS:
- Mix mango, cooked shrimp, pomelo and black sauce in large bowl; stir until well combined.
- Portion 2½ cups Mango Yam Som-O onto each serving plate.
- Garnish with 2 tablespoons of peanuts, 1 Tablespoon fried garlic, 1 Tablespoon cilantro and 1 teaspoon green onion.
Yield: 10 portions