(2021 Pairings - Sweden - Europe) From Skagen - Tiny baby shrimp folded into creamy mayonnaise and sour cream dressing, seasoned with pineapple tidbits diced red onions and dill, served on crispy crostini, and garnished with fresh dill spring and tangy lemon and pineapple glaze.
|10 slices||sourdough loaf sliced a quarter inch thick|
|1/2 cup||olive oil|
|2 Tablespoons||kosher salt divided|
|1 teaspoon||freshly ground black pepper|
|1 pound||precooked peeled rock shrimp dried and cut into half inch pieces|
|1/4 cup||creme fraiche|
|1/2 cup||dill sprigs finely chopped divided|
|1/2 cup||canned DOLE Pineapple Tidbits in Juice drained and juice reserved|
|1/4 cup||shallots minced|
|1 teaspoon||ground white pepper|
|1/4 cup||reserved juice from canned DOLE Pineapple Tidbits in Juice|
|1/4 cup||lemon juice|
|2 Tablespoons||white wine vinegar|
|1 Tablespoon||lemon zest|
|2 Tablespoons||minced garlic|
|10 slices||crostini sub-recipe|
|1 quart||dressed shrimp sub-recipe|
|1/2 cup||lemon pineapple glaze sub-recipe|
To Prepare Crostini:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Lightly brush both sides of bread with olive oil, place on a sheet tray and season with 1 Tablespoon kosher salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
3. Bake for 6 minutes, then flip toast and bake for an additional 7 minutes until golden brown.
To Prepare Dressed Shrimp:
1. Fold shrimp, mayonnaise, creme fraiche, 1/4 cup dill, drained pineapple tidbits, shallots, 1 Tablespoon salt and white pepper into a large mixing bowl.
2. Set aside.
To Prepare Lemon Pineapple Glaze:
1. In a small sauce pot over medium heat, add reserved pineapple juice, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, lemon zest and garlic.
2. Simmer for 2 minutes to allow flavors to develop and meld.
3. Allow to cool before use.
1. Spoon a generous serving of dressed shrimp mix onto each slice of crostini toast.
2. Drizzle lemon pineapple glaze over the top and garnish with dill sprigs.