(Mediterranean 2020 Pairing) (Salata Od Hobotnice) A bright and colorful salad featuring mandarin oranges, roasted red peppers and octopus. Served with crispy aleppo chive potato chips.
|5 quarts 1/8" thick||sliced Idaho potatoes|
|1/4 cup||dried Aleppo pepper|
|3 Tablespoons||dried chives|
|2-1/2 cups||cooked octopus|
|5 Tablespoons||red onion minced|
|1-1/4 cups||DOLE Mandarin Oranges drained reserving juice|
|2 Tablespoons||garlic cloves minced|
|2 Tablespoons||chopped fresh parsley|
|5 Tablespoons||roasted red pepper diced|
|3 Tablespoons||red wine vinegar|
|5 Tablespoons||extra-virgin olive oil|
|1-1/2 teaspoons||kosher salt|
|5 quarts||Aleppo chive potato chips sub-recipe|
|10 each||lemon heel only|
To Prepare Aleppo Chive Potato Chips:
1. Peel and slice potatoes about 1/8 “thick and submerge in cold water.
2. Rinse potatoes 3 or 4 times in cold water or until water runs clear when drained.
3. Replace water once more and let stand for 90 minutes refrigerated.
4. Drain potatoes of all water and arrange in a single layer on a paper towel lined sheet tray to dry, patting with more paper towels as needed.
5. Once dried, fry potatoes at 300°F in batches for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
6. Drain excess oil using a baking sheet fitted with a cooling rack.
7. Combine Aleppo Pepper, chives and Maldon Salt in a small bowl.
8. Garnish chips with seasoning blend while still warm.
To Prepare Chopped Octopus Salad:
1. Toss chopped octopus with red onion, mandarin oranges with reserved juice, garlic, parsley, roasted red pepper, red wine vinegar, olive oil and kosher salt.
2. Season with additional red wine vinegar as needed.
1. Serve a scoop of the chopped octopus salad alongside 1 pint of Aleppo chive chips per serving and a lemon heel.