(Africa 2020 Fruit Pairing) - (Satini) A blend of green papaya, tart diced apples, sweet mango, crisp carrots and fresh cilantro make for a light and delicious fruit salad, finished with a sweet and spicy pineapple chili vinaigrette.
|10 Tablespoons||DOLE Pineapple Juice|
|5||Fresh Thai Bird Chilies sliced|
|2-1/2 cups||fresh Thai long red chilies minced|
|3 teaspoons||garlic cloves minced|
|3 teaspoons||fresh ginger peeled and minced|
|3 teaspoons||granulated sugar|
|2 Tablespoons||fresh lime juice|
|1/2 teaspoon||ground turmeric|
|5 Tablespoons||white vinegar|
|5 Tablespoons||canola oil|
|1/2 teaspoon||kosher salt|
|5-1/2 cups||green papaya thinly sliced|
|2 cups||DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Apples thawed|
|3 cups||frozen DOLE Mango Chunks thawed|
|3/4 cup||carrot peeled and julienned|
|5-1/2 Tablespoons||scallions sliced thin|
|1 cup||pineapple chili vinaigrette sub-recipe|
|2 Tablespoons||fresh cilantro leaves chopped|
To Prepare Pineapple Chili Vinaigrette:
1. Whisk pineapple juice, Thai bird chilies, Thai long red chilies, garlic, ginger, sugar, lime juice, turmeric and vinegar in a bowl until well combined.
2. Slowly pour canola oil in a steady stream while whisking at the same time.
3. Season with kosher salt and store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Sweet & Spicy African Fruit Salad:
1. To thinly slice the green papaya, begin by holding it upright and making thin vertical slices through the entire fruit leaving an inch of uncut fruit at the bottom. Then, use a vegetable peeler to remove long layers of sliced fruit, resulting in thin, julienned green papaya.
2. Toss papaya, apples, mango chunks, carrots, scallions and pineapple chili vinaigrette together in a bowl, until well combined.
1. Place 1 cup of sweet & spicy African fruit salad in a bowl and top with 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro.