2020 Passport to Flavor recipe - Americas
A unique twist on Brazil's national drink featuring a blend of pineapple juice, mandarin juice and mango puree with a touch of fresh lime juice for acidity.
|1-1/2 cups||granulated sugar divided|
|3 teaspoons||ground coriander|
|1/2 teaspoon||ground clove|
|1-1/2 teaspoons||sweet paprika|
|10 1/4" wheel||lime sliced|
|2 cups||DOLE Pineapple Tidbits in juice undrained|
|2 cups||DOLE Mandarin Oranges drained|
|1 cup||DOLE Chef-Ready Mango Frozen Puree thawed|
|6 fluid ounces||fresh lime juice|
|8 fluid ounces||Cachaca|
|1/2 cup||agave nectar|
|5 cups||ice cubes|
To Prepare Caipirinha Fruit Smoothie:
1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar with the coriander, clove and paprika. Mix well and set aside.
2. Pour the remaining granulated sugar onto a plate or other flat surface and coat the lime slices in the granulated sugar. Set aside.
3. Combine pineapple tidbits with juice, mandarin oranges, mango purée, lime juice, cachaca and agave in a blender. Blend until smooth. Hold in the refrigerator.
1. Dip the rim of each serving glass into a bowl of water and coat each in the sugar spice mixture.
2. Transfer 1/2 cup of ice to each serving glass.
3. Pour 6 1/2 fluid oz of prepared smoothie over ice and garnish the glass rim with a sugared lime wheel.
4. Serve immediately.