Pineapple & Peach Bún Chay Salads - A fresh vermicelli salad topped with grilled peach slices, marinated pineapple, rainbow carrot slices, shredded purple cabbage, sliced green onion, fresh mint, Thai basil and toasted cashews. Served with side of nuoc cham and strawberry Sriracha.
|5 cups||Vermicelli Rice Noodles cooked chilled|
|3 cups||rainbow carrots ribbon slices|
|3 cups||purple cabbage shredded|
|3/4 cup||green onions sliced on bias|
|2 cups||mint leaves|
|1-1/4 cup||Thai basil leaves|
|3/4 cup||toasted cashews|
|3/4 cup||Strawberry Sriracha recipe below|
|1-1/4 cups||Nuoc Cham recipe below|
|3-1/2 cups||marinated pineapple recipe below|
|3-1/2 cups||frozen DOLE Sliced Peaches|
|5 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon||granulated sugar divided|
|1-1/4 teaspoons||kosher salt divided|
|1 teaspoon||fish sauce divided|
|1-1/2 teaspoon||Thai Bird chili peppers minced divided|
|2 cups||frozen DOLE Pineapple Chunks|
|6 tablespoons||lime juice|
|1/2 teaspoon||minced garlic|
|1-1/2 cups||DOLE Chef-Ready Strawberry Frozen Puree thawed|
Strawberry Sriracha Directions:
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine Strawberry Purée, Sriracha, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 4 teaspoons granulated sugar.
Nuoc Cham Directions:
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon Thai chilis, water and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
Marinated Pineapple Directions:
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine vinegar, 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce and 1 teaspoon Thai chilis.
2. Add Frozen Pineapple Chunks to vinegar mixture, cover, and marinate for at least an hour.
1. Place 1/2 cup of Vermicelli noodles in a bowl, then artfully arrange 1/3 cup rainbow carrots, 1/3 cup purple cabbage, 1-1/2 teaspoons green onions, 3 Tablespoons mint, 1 tablespoon basil, and 1-1/2 teaspoons of cashews around the noodles.
2. Grill Peach slices from frozen.
3. Top with 1/4 cup prepared marinated pineapple and 1/3 cup grilled peach slices.
4. Serve with 2 Tablespoons strawberry Sriracha and 1 tablespoon nuoc cham on the side.