Preheat oven to 350F. In a small mixing bowl, stir together cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon togarashi and melted butter together until well combined.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into one even layer in the bottom of a greased 9 inch spring-form pan, and refrigerate for a minimum of 15 minutes to allow butter to set.
- Bake 10-12 minutes in preheated oven, until golden brown and set.
- Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature in the pan for 25 minutes before handling.
- Combine tofu, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup strawberry puree, salt, lemon juice, and vegetable oil in a food processor and process together smooth.
Pour mixture onto cooled crust and bake 25-30 minutes, or until top of cheesecake is slightly browned, but not cracked.
Remove from oven and allow cheesecake to cool at room temperature for a minimum of one hour, before transferring the cake to cool completely in the fridge. (rapid temperature change promotes cracking).
- Bring vinegar to simmer in a small sauce pot over medium flame. Whisk in remaining 1/2 cup sugar until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons togarashi and remaining 3/4 cup strawberry puree.
Transfer to storage container and let cool in the fridge, uncovered for 25 minutes. Once cooled, cover and reserve for later use.
- Dip a cake knife in hot water for 15 seconds and wipe clean with towel before each slice of the cheesecake to ensure clean slices.
- Serve each slice of cheesecake on a dessert plate and garnish with 2 Tablespoons of the Strawberry Topping and an additional sprinkle of togarashi.